Should You Take Geography Optional for the UPSC Exam
Geography is often cited as a top optional subject when preparing for the UPSC Civil Services Exam. Many top students choose to take this elective to guarantee their success on the UPSC CSE exam. Many applicants choose Geography as their option in Best Geography Optional Coaching in Mukherjee Nagar like Geographia IAS. However, many others need help finding it to be a good fit. This article examines the merits and drawbacks of selecting Geography as an optional subject on the UPSC exam.
Applicants to the UPSC civil services exam can choose their optional subject. In terms of taking and passing the UPSC exam, everyone has their own set of benefits and drawbacks. Candidates hail from a diverse range of educational and occupational settings. Candidates should assess the benefits and drawbacks of each elective before deciding which one to focus on. But before we go into the pros and cons, let's make sure we've covered everything else we need to.
Why is Geography chosen by candidates?
- It's not necessary for applicants to become experts in science.
- There is a plethora of tutorials and reading materials to choose from.
- The subject's success rate is extremely high.
- Content is related to that found in GS Paper 1.
Why is the Geography elective so challenging?
- The fluidity of the topic—UPSC examinations in recent years have focused on current events and theoretical frameworks. As a result, hopefuls can't just rely on written resources.
- Some questions on the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) examination go beyond the scope of the required reading and study materials. These inquiries are different from what one would expect to hear.
Pros of Taking Geography Optional for UPSC Exam
- The clear Geography syllabus facilitates self-study for the Geography elective and encourages candidates to pursue it.
- Many students with scientific, medical, or engineering backgrounds choose geography as their major because of its accessibility and its emphasis on empirical evidence.
- All you need to do to understand the ideas well on the exam. You can join Best geography optional online classes in india at Geographia IAS.
- Several books are readily available, and students will only be with resources.
- The preliminary and final examinations for the General Studies subject area heavily overlap with the optional Geography subject area.
- Geography's dynamic questions also suggest many points of intersection with disciplines like economics, ecology, and politics.
- Examinees can apply their Geography knowledge to their essay papers on other subjects.
- Since the UPSC board can ask questions about the soil, vegetation, minerals, etc., of a candidate's native town during the personality test, knowing some geography will help pass the exam. You should join Best Geography Optional Coaching Online like Geographia IAS.
- Geography has the most potential for high grades since it leaves little room for personal interpretation, unlike the humanities. In addition, using visual aids like diagrams, flowcharts, etc., might boost a student's grade.
- You can get good marks and quickly finish the map-based problems.
If you want to improve your chances of being accepted for the IAS, then you need to study at the Best geography optional online classes in india, such as Geographia IAS. Prepare for the Civil Service Examination like it's just another chapter in your life, not your entire existence.